AnchorPoint Christian School is deeply anchored in the Word of God. From study of God’s Word, we believe the following seven biblical principles to be foundational to what we do as a Christian education community:
1. God reveals himself to us through his Word, Jesus Christ, and creation.
2. Humans are created in the image of God. As such, they are rational, emotional, and moral creatures capable of perceiving truth, making choices, and exercising creativity. They must be treated with respect and dignity.
3. Christianity impacts all of life and learning. Christian schools help students see and understand all of life through the eyes of God’s Word.
4. Sin has distorted God’s creation and society.
5. Christ died to redeem the world from sin and makes salvation possible for those who believe in him. Believers in Jesus experience new life. As new creatures in Christ, we are God’s agents for restoring the fallen world and bringing harmony where sin has brought disharmony.
6. For redeemed people, all of life should be a loving, grateful response. Redeemed people fulfill God’s commands to make stewardly use of all God’s gifts, to share the good news of salvation, and to live lives of service.
7. God embraces his children in a covenant relationship. As part of that covenant, parents/guardians who believe in Jesus Christ promise to nurture their children in the Christian faith and in godliness. The Christian community promises to support Christian parents/guardians in that covenant responsibility.
The first verse and refrain of AnchorPoint's song were composed by teacher Jen Rysdam in 2010. Verses two and three were composed by AnchorPoint's Team 3 students in 2012 and 2013.
He's Our Anchor
When we think about our Savior and the faithfulness he's shown
To every generation his promises made known
He's the anchor for our soul, holding us firm and secure
The Lord our God is our anchor, the point on which we stand
He's always there right beside us, he's the beginning and the end
The beginning and the end, the beginning and the end
Our God is always faithful to his word, he's our anchor
When we think about our Father, the compassion he has shown
How he cares for all creation and calls us all his own
He's the captain of our lives, guiding us closer to him
When we think about the Spirit, the direction he has shown
How he guides our walk with Jesus so we are not alone
He's the compass of our lives, on our voyage to him